Ben Carson

Channai Williams

Ben Carson

Ben Carson is American neurosurgeon, author, and politician who is the 17th current United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, under the Trump Administration. He is most known for successfully separating infant boys who were conjoined at the top of their head in 1997 after 1994 when he unsuccessfully tried to separate twin girls.

After a while, Carson’s operations began to gain media attention. People were attracted to the story of a troubled youth growing up in the inner city to a poor family who found success in his career. ‘

In the 2016 Elections, he ran for president but dropped out and became a supporter of former opponent Donald Trump. In which he was nominated to be United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.

Ben Carson and his wife are strong advocates for children reading and they started the Carson Scholars Fund with the mission of “ Our scholarship program awards students who have embraced high levels of academic excellence and community service with $1,000 college scholarships. The Ben Carson Reading Project provides funding to schools to build and maintain Ben Carson Reading Rooms – warm, inviting rooms where children can discover the joy of independent leisure reading”.

Ben Carson is seen as a man who struggled and overcame obstacles in life and inspired many.