Five Keys to Success In 2018

Symone Washington, Staff Writer

We’re fresh in the new year temperatures decreasing, snow falling, flu season, and even plants dying but that shouldn’t stop you from being successful in 2018. Out of everything, five “keys” stood out as important factors to be prosperous this New Year.

1. Think outside the box.
Always think big, and try not to listen to negative people who discourage you, life is too short to stay in your comfort zone and think small.

2. Find a passion and pursue it.
I mean come on, if you’re not doing what you love then you’re wasting your time.

3. Find balance in your life.
Balance is the key to everything, what we do, think, say, eat, feel. They all require awareness and through this awareness, we can grow. You need to balance things in your life, so you’re not overwhelmed and fall behind.

4. Don’t be afraid to try again.
Everyone fails, but failure is not the opposite of success, it’s a part of being successful.

5. Actions speak louder than words.
Words mean nothing compared to actions. Actions prove who someone is, words just prove who they want to be.

The term “Keys to success,” was started by American record producer, DJ Khaled, who drops his keys to success on Snapchat daily. I was inspired by him to get the most important “keys” so I can help other people learn how to be the best person they can be. Life is like a balance beam both sides need to be even, if it’s too much or too little on one side, the other side will be affected.

Sophomore Valerie Jacques Louis is constantly thinking outside of the box, so it must be hard for her to balance life, with being so creative. Well according to her, “I take one day at a time because tomorrow is not promised.”

Everyone can’t just wake up in the new year and be successful, people go through trials and tribulation year long but you have to know how to bounce back. Sophomore Yilian Garcia says “My Godfather had cancer, and that took a toll on my grades and life, but he beat it and now I’m back on track.”

Finally, life is a journey, don’t expect to be perfect your whole journey. Remember to think outside the box, find a passion and pursue it, find balance in your life, don’t be afraid to try again, and actions speak louder than words.