SGA Hosts 12 Days of Holiday

+Senior+Angela+Rivera+standing+next+to+a+classroom+Christmas+tree+to+show+off+her+favorite+holiday+hat
 Senior Angela Rivera standing next to a classroom Christmas tree to show off her favorite holiday hat

Shella St Eloi

Shella St Eloi

Shella St. Eloi, Staff Writer

Student Government Association organizes a “12 Days of Holiday” event to bring excitement to the student body during their last two weeks of the first semester to encourage school spirit and attendance.

SGA hopes to bring a happy ending to the year by motivating students to participate in the event.

“We wanted the whole student body to come together so we decided that since Winter break was coming we might as well leave it with everybody having a memorable two weeks before break,” said SGA’s secretary, Nehemie Cima.

The event is already in motion and many students are participating and bringing the holiday joy on campus. Teachers decorate their doors with detailed ornaments and wrapping papers, hoping to win a prize for having the best decorated door.

SGA promised free popcorn for the first day of Christmas but was unable to deliver their promise. Cima explained that “the circuit wasn’t working…but we did try our hardest and went to every outlet around the school but it seemed to be that the problem was the popcorn machine.”

SGA gave out neckties to students and taught them the right way to tie them. As the days go by, SGA has many other activities prepared including free hot chocolate during lunch, breakfast with Santa, holiday cards, and much more.