The B Sides: H.E.R. New EP

Dequan Oakley, Staff Writer

MBK Entertainment/RCA Records rising singer song-writer H.E.R. recently dropped her new EP “H.E.R. Vol 2. The B Sides EP” on October 20 and it is a BANGER. It is a compilation of both her first (H.E.R. Vol 1) and second (H.E.R. Vol 2) EP’s and it also features 6 new songs including her recent single “2.”

The EP is H.E.R.’s most recent drop and it features a beautiful duet with Daniel Caesar titled “Best Part.” The three and a half minute ballad is a lovely combination of melody and harmony. Daniel Caesar, who recently announced his next Danforth Music Hall concert, played a huge role in the song and may just have been the thing H.E.R. needed to put her EP to the next level.

The R&B artist is most well-known for her appearance in Bryson Tiller’s “Set it Off” tour.  Her first two EP’s (H.E.R. Vol 1 & H.E.R. Vol 2) did very well and were highly anticipated by her fans. She is a debut artist who is new to the scene and is making sure her voice is known in the music industry. Her actual name being Gabi Wilson, she was signed to RCA Records at the age of 14. Now 19, she has taken on the identity of “H.E.R.”. Very seldom does she show her face, only in her performance in Bryson Tiller’s “Set it off” tour.

H.E.R. Vol 1 and Vol 2 is available on Spotify. H.E.R. Vol 2: The B Sides are both available on iTunes.