Step by Step Guide to College Applications

Autumn Oliver, Staff Writer

Are you just finishing High School? Well, people are saying you need to get ready for the real world.  Don’t stress out, as there are four very easy steps.

Step 1 – Fill out the application.

Look up your school and go on to their website, Filling out an application is as simple as 1,2,3. Though you’re gonna need to think hard about the questions they ask you and give a fantastic response. Before you fill out an application you will usually need at least one recommendation letter from a teacher or school counselor, and you need official copies of your grades and test scores sent as well.

Step 2 – Write the Admissions Essays

There’s are going to be several different admission essays for any college or university out there. You will have to choose one and complete it. Side note, there will be a limit on how much you have to write. Such as the character count, don’t do anything less or anything more.

Step 3 – Gather Supplemental Materials

Next, you’re going to have to get STUFF! Just kidding you’re going to have to get your SATs scores, PSAT Scores, and recommendation letters. You are going to need to have them on record and email them or mail them to your college. Make sure to have copies.

Step 4 – Receive your Acceptance Letter

Now you must wait for your acceptance letter. It might be a while and don’t get upset if you couldn’t make it in. That’s why you should always have backup colleges and if you get accepted congratulations, you just finished this easy guide to college applications.